Aftermarket Applications Engineer / Designer
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD EMAIL THEIR RESUMES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Application Engineer/Designer contributes to the continued growth of the Technical Services department by providing technical support for Ebara International Corporation (EIC) equipment to both customers and Product/ Service Engineers. Regular interaction with external customers, as well as EIC’s service personnel, sales representatives, engineering and manufacturing departments is required in order to properly design or select and implement the required products specified by the customer. A proactive work ethic is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction while continually searching for new opportunities to improve both reliability and performance of EIC’s equipment. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to rapidly shift focus between multiple high-priority projects in this fast paced work environment. This candidate will also be able to produce designs in accordance with EIC standards.
- Maintain a positive work environment by acting and communicating in a manner which promotes collaboration and teamwork between customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Provide immediate first response to all technical inquiries from customers and field service personnel, ensuring prompt follow up and resolution.
- Initiate and prepare RFQ’s based on customer’s needs and specifications.
- Create, publish and distribute budgets, scope of supply, and other necessary handover documentation.
- Utilize the ERP/MRP system to issue work orders and warranty orders.
- Responsible for individual layout, drawings, BOMs, and standard design calculations within ERP/MRP system.
- Assist Field/Technical Service Engineers with installation and repair designs and BOM revisions/creations.
- Collaborate with Engineering Subject Matter Experts for design requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner, so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (mechanical or chemical engineering preferred) or equivalent professional experience along with drafting certificate.
- Solid understanding of rotating equipment and general machinery operation.
- Knowledge of hazardous area classification requirements.
- Minimum 2 years CAD experience (AutoCAD, Co-Create, Solid Works, Solid Designer) or equivalent mechanical drafting/design experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, die-casting, forging, machining etc.
- Knowledge of tool design related to the listed manufacturing processes.
- Ability to travel to both domestic and international locations.
- Flexibility to accommodate customers located around the globe and understanding of scheduling commitments (time, meetings, etc.).
- The position requires intermediate computer skills that includes MS Word, Excel, Power Point, CAD, SalesForce, IFS and other ERP management systems.