Field Service Engineer
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD EMAIL THEIR RESUMES TO: email@example.com
The position performs the installation, troubleshooting, repair and commissioning services for the company’s pumps, turbines and related equipment at the customer’s facilities located around the world. The Field Service Engineer/Technician provides a superior level of customer service and promotion of the aftermarket products.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional manner agreeable to customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- The Field Service Engineer/Technician must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Prepare for field service trips including analyzing service files and familiarizing him/her self with any past history of a given job site.
- Perform field service work at the customer job site including troubleshooting pump and system problems, instructing site personnel on repair and maintenance.
- Supervise site personnel during installation and start-up of pumps during commissioning.
- Completes and submits all daily reporting, time sheets, field service reports and expenses reports.
- When not engaged in a field service function, the Field Service Engineer/Technician may be assigned to assist in providing support to other internal functions or departments.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- The position requires a mechanical and/or electrical background, repair and maintenance of rotating equipment preferred.
- Possess a high level of customer service skills within multinational organization while working across various cultures.
- Must be able to read mechanical drawings, electrical schematics and accurately use precision measuring equipment.
- Ability to work overseas and travel internationally for extended periods, a majority of the year.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport.
- The position requires the ability to work in a gas processing plant (refinery) environment.
- The position requires climbing and descending ladders and stairs, working at heights and in confined spaces. Must be able to lift 50 lbs frequently.
- The position is typically required to work outdoors, in hot, humid and cold environments.
- Be able to pass a various customer required “fitness for work” medical examinations.
- Be able to pass the ‘basic and intermediate’ computer skills matrix below: