Supply Chain Manager @ HOOD-EIC
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD EMAIL THEIR RESUMES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lead strategic supplier long/short term contract negotiations.
- Manage all the warehouse functions/activities and ensure the safeguarding of the company’s assets.
- Develop/Manage the supply chain and partner with our suppliers on long term agreements to create a value proposition for Hood-EIC,LLC while maintaining competitive market costing valuation.
- Manage the company materials planning systems and drive continuous improvement to achieve positive manufacturing variances to meet/exceed budgeted goals.
- Develop a system of complementary cross-functional objectives that integrate with others’ within the company that ensure the company meets safety, quality, cost, and service expectations.
- Develop/Manage a vendor scorecard with key KPI’s to measure supplier performance.
- Develop and standardize all materials planning functions/procedures for EIC.
- Ensure all purchased products meet quality specifications (form, fit, and function) at all times.
- Lead recurring meetings with sales/marketing, operations, engineering on bettering the visibility & forecast.
- Plan the availability of product by developing and achieving a realistic, demand-driven production schedule.
- Implement a level loaded production schedule and measure performance to schedule.
- Inventory control systems and cycle count programs measured & effective.
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient flow of materials through the plants.
- Develop a personnel certification program to ensure people with key skills (i.e. planning/scheduling, warehousing, shipping/receiving, and purchasing) are available and adequately trained.
- Assist other functions in identifying new processes, products, materials, and technologies, and bring the resulting product/process improvements to market in a timely manner.
- Manage FG’s inventory dollars and maintain an optimal level for customer service.
- Accountability at all levels of the organization to ensure functional excellence in the supply chain/materials planning functional area.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Quality Management System.
- Lead the vendor certification and evaluation process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements & Experience:
- College degree BA/BS in Materials Management or Business Management, Masters is a plus.
- APICS certified is preferred.
- Proven successful negotiator on Vendor agreements.
- Assertive, analytical problem solver with a can do attitude is required.
- Quantifiable results from past positions/employers that demonstrate your ability to meet the requirements set forth herein.
- Demonstrated progressive supply chain/materials management experience in manufacturing operations
- Able to demonstrate self-leadership qualities, be able to create a common focus among staff members, and effectively overcome resistance to change.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, and be able to prepare and deliver clear presentations that successfully persuade listeners.
- Experience in close tolerance machining and welding operations.
- ISO quality management systems practical experience.
- Experience with practical implementation of TPS and Lean Mfg. Techniques and MRP/ERP.